Thursday 11 April 2013

A trip down puppy lane

After reading this post on MyBrownNewfies.com, I was inspired to share some photos of Del when he was a puppy.

We got Del on 9th January 2012 when he was just eight weeks old. I can't believe how much he's grown in the space of a year!

Once upon a time, Del looked like a little bear, with googly eyes and covered in black fluff. I could pick him up with one hand! Now, he's a strapping, 6 1/2 stone adolescent, seemingly growing bigger every day.

Here are some of the first pictures we took of him. Enjoy!


This one shows how small he was! Kate was the same size as him at one point...

Look at that chubby puppy belly!







Sometimes I wish that I could have a few more days with him at this size (minus the potty training!) Then I'd have a break from having a very heavy lap dog for a few days...

I actually can't believe that Del was this small compared to Kate (recent pics here). He's grown so much and doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon.

Would you want your dog as a puppy again for a few days or do you prefer their adult selves?

6 comments:

  1. Del sure was a cute puppy. He was almost smaller than Kate...lol. Freighter is technically not a puppy anymore at 16 months, but his brain is still very much a puppy at times. We are waiting for his brain to catch up with his size. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Del is around the same age as Freighter and like him, he's very much a puppy too! I was watching him run round last night and he still runs all bouncy and clumsy like a pup. I suppose they'll always be our little pups :)xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! How stinking adorable!! I love rottie's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I can't resist a rottie pup (or any other pup to be honest!)They look like little bears. Thanks so much for stopping by x

      Delete
  3. OMD! Looks at those adorable pictures! That just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the inspiration Jen! Really glad you like the pics :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving us a comment!